Tuesday, March 12, 2019

HAPPY CAMPER - YW


I was lucky enough to work with the young women in the ward over the last 3 years.  This was the first camp I was able to go on.  We combined with another ward and went to Seward.  The theme of our camp was Happy Camper.
Setting up camp
  
On the first day we did service.  We started by volunteering at the library and then we headed to the Sea Life center where we painted, did landscaping, picked up trash and any other odd job they asked of us.  After we got to tour the center. 
The next day we got to go sea kayaking.  The weather in Seward can be rainy and windy.  We lucked out and even got some sun during our kayak trip.  Just as it was ending the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up.
Emily and Me
Then we hiked out to Tonsina point and played on the beach for a little while.
I ended up with a little bit of a sunburn from kayaking.
On the last day we went on a zipling tour.  It was so much fun!
That night we had a cafe rio and paint night at the church.  Followed by an amazing fireside.  I am so thankful for all the leaders that helped to put this together. It was so fun to get to know the girls better and watch them grow! I sure am going to miss them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment