Tuesday, March 12, 2019

ALASKA RELAY

The week after camp I got to participate in a relay race that goes from Mirror Lake to Seward.  We had an amazing group and I am so proud of us for finishing. 
MUTHA RUNNAS
Back: Mandy, Erin, Kiley, Amber, Dene, Leisel, Kim, Me, Dee
Front: Colleen, Kai, Kamie
Waiting for Dee at the first handoff.
Our van

Waiting for my team mate to tag me.
And I'm off.  Cohen and Mason ran down the hill with me.
I had the best cheering squad for my first leg
Me and Colleen
Our first legs were crazy.  A big storm rolled in and it was windy, with downed tree branches.  Colleen and Kiley definitely had to run through the worst of the storm. After finishing our first legs we stopped at South for dinner.  They put us in the back corner, probably because we didn't look quite as good as the rest of their patrons.
We then headed down to Portage to try to get a bit of sleep before we had to run again.  Dene's husband Mike had gone down ahead to set up a pop up trailer for us.  Unfortunately the wind ripped the side of the tent off so we ended up sleeping cramped in the car.  I was the first to run and we were supposed to dress up for this leg.  With the help of my team I wore some lights and a tutu with my pink base layer. Mike was nice enough to run with me this leg.  I was nervous as it was dark and this is a bear area.  
Ready to start my 3rd leg at the Primrose campground by this point I was fairly exhausted and ready to be done.
I did it!!! This race definitely tests you in ways I've never done before.  Hope to do it again next year and this time I will prepare a little better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment