Since we arrived in Alaska towards the end of August we tried to fit an Alaskan summer into a few weeks. The blueberry's were almost out of season so we climbed Mount Baldy to see what we could find. Eventually we found what we were looking for and the boys thought it was awesome!
On the way back down we were walking along minding our own business, when we look up and see a moose walking up the trail towards us. Both Denton and I knew what to do if we saw a bear but we had never read up on moose encounters. The people in front of us tried to get around it in the brush, which ended up scaring it and it tore off running past us. The kids were thrilled and terrified all at once. It made for some exciting blueberry picking.
View from Baldy
Due to the timing of the move we didn't plant a garden this year which crushed my soul a little. So when we found out about a upick farm not too far from us, how could we say no? It was a pretty chilly morning but we sure had fun.
Housing in Alaska is a little more expensive than Idaho. As a result we ended up downsizing a bit which made me have to organize a little better. I read the Art of Tidying up by Marie Kondo and quickly got on her folding bandwagon. I wish I would've taken a picture of my shirt drawer after I Kon-Mari'd it. However, I didn't throw away quite as much as she recommended, maybe next year...
We made some friends to trade babysitting with and went out on a date up the front side of Mount Baldy. I would describe it as a longer bears hump that never seemed to end. But I'm glad I can I say did it! And I always love spending time with this guy!!!
Money Shot
Cohen started Grade 1. So far he is loving it and loving learning. I hope it stays this way for a few more years.
These two had a rough week after Cohen started school. Cohen is usually making up games and telling everyone what to do. For the first week they mostly just followed me around, but eventually they started to be able to play together and figure things out mostly.
Riding in the rain = a wet backside
I would soon learn how rainy Alaska can be. After having over 2 straight weeks of rain in September. But we learned to adapt and got out when we could.
No comments:
Post a Comment