Back in January we decided we should head to Fairbanks to check out the Ice Festival. After a long 5.5 hour drive with 3 moose sightings we made it. We were too early to check into our hotel so we went to the visitors center
Under the moose and caribou antler arch. It was a balmy 2*c and sunny, the kids ran around in just tshirts. I guess we are adapting. We met some people from California, they said they had on 4 layers and were wearing toques and mittens.
that looks pretty far north!
Clearly we aren't used to seeing the sun.
playing i-spy at the visitors center.
Ollie finally got to play with the star wars magnet board.
We went out to eat a Big Daddy's- the northernmost southern bbq restuarant. It has been featured on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives and was really good!
That night we went up to the Chena hotsprings. The boys swam for hours and had a blast. On the way home the Northern Lights were out we showed the boys but they were too worn out and just wanted to sleep!
The next morning we went to the World Ice Championship Festival. It was so neat. The outdoor ice playground for the kids was so fun and the sculptures were amazing!!!
This slide was huge and slightly terrifying! The kids loved it.
Giving Mom a ride.
Checking out the sculptures.
I found your blog! I know you changed it forever ago, but I'm just now getting around to it. I love those pictures! You almost convinced me to come visit! Sure miss you guys!
ReplyDelete