We went back that night to see the ice sculptures. Mason fell asleep on the 5 minute drive over there and would not wake up no matter what we did. The next morning we asked him about it and he had no memory of ever being there. It was fun to see all the sculptures lit up and it made them look even more amazing.
The next morning we made a quick stop in North Pole, Alaska and visited Santa's house. It was kind of a cute little town, very Christmas themed.
We also did a quick walk through of a free dog sledding museum. It was neat to see some of the gear and learn a little more about Alaska's history.
I did managed to get pulled over by a real live Alaska State Trooper. Thankfully he only gave me a ticket for not having proof of insurance that I was able to get taken away. I am still on my streak of no tickets since we've been married, although I have been pulled over at least 7+ times. I inherited that ability from my Mother.
I must have been feeling really nice that day because I let Denton stop for some scenery pictures.
I know he really loves me when he takes one with him it!
Overall we had a great trip. I'm glad I can say I've been to Fairbanks and I don't need to go back anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment