Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Weatherig Winter

We tried to get out as much as we could in January and February.  Although sometimes the darkness made it hard.

Cohen celebrated hundreds day at school and dressed up like an old man.
We did some more skating.  This time we tried out Westchester Lagoon.  
Ollie decided he wanted his skates on.  The only problem was he wouldn't let anyone help him.  That left us with a very frustrated almost 2 year old.
Sure love this cheeser!
We had to get creative and find ways to entertain ourselves.  The boys started drawing with chalk markers on the windows and making targets.
Denton thought this would be a good way to solve their fighting problem...

Getting in a little street hockey
Alaska really is beautiful.
They love their star wars pillow cases.

We also got to experience our first earthquake.  It was slightly terrifying.  It was a 7.1 and happened around 1:30 am and lasted around a minute.  It was the largest one they've had since the 60's. I remember waking up and everything was shaking.  I was also surprised by how loud it was. Ollie woke up but went right back to sleep, Mason slept through the whole thing.  Cohen sat up and yelled that's not Mason, it's an earthquake (I guess Mason sometimes shakes his bed).  After checking on everyone Denton was once again fast asleep.  I was a little shaky and it took me a little bit to fall asleep. Our damage was minimal. Denton took some pictures to document.  We had a jar fall off of the top of the cupboard, it dented the stove but somehow didn't break.
This winter has been insanely icy.  Denton thought it would be fun to go skating in the culdesac.

Another game with nerf guns.
I LOVE THIS!

Attempting the death trap of the park.  It was pure ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment