I worked way too many days at the end of April/first of May, luckily Beverly was able to come up and hang out with the boys while I was away.
The boys were so excited for Grandma to come. They hid to ambush her with nerf guns.
We tried to show Bev as much as we could in a short time.
Trip up to Baldy to see the sunset and a moose.
Fishing at Beach Lake.
Hike to Barbara Falls.
Walk around Reflections Lake
View of the Hayflats from the viewing platform.
Grandpa finally made it to Alaska a week later. The boys sure had missed him. They rushed to greet him and even set off some alarms at the airport.
Getting some life lessons from Grandpa.
Learning to fish from the professional out at Jewel Lake.
Sunday Fun
We took a day trip down to Talkeetna. It was kind of nice to be there in early season because we had the place pretty much to ourselves. We stopped by the ranger station and watched an interesting video about climbing Denali. All climbers must check in at the station before going up on the mountain. We went to a little museum and then ate some delicious pastries at The Roadhouse. To end our day we stopped by the cemetery. It was quite an eclectic place with all sorts of headstones.

Marvin
Danielle and Cohen
Mason
We tried out some new bed arrangements.
Denton and I got to go on a date. We chose to hike up flat top. There were some areas that were a little sketchy, it was basically steep rocks covered in slushy, icy, snow. I wasn't sure we would make it down but here I am.
On top the wind was roaring and it was freezing.
It was nice to come down around 10:00 pm and still have lots of light.
No comments:
Post a Comment