The weekend after our Canadian extravaganza we headed to Utah. Denton and his brother Shawn were going to a Motley Crue concert and I decided to make a family trip out of it. First we stopped in Ogden at the dinosaur museum. The boys loved getting to look at the skeletons and life sized dinos. Cohen was thrilled that we got to see some real live paleontologists.
I don't think this is what you are supposed to do...
Family selfie with a dinosaur ( I can't believe Denton doubted me ).
The duck was a definite highlight and the boys couldn't resist "accidentally" dropping some of their sandwiches for it. Good thing we didn't have any Grandmas with us.
After the dinosaurs we headed to the Ogden temple open house. They have completely re-done the entire outside/inside of this temple and it was beautiful! The temple is huge and Cohen didn't love walking through it so much. After he told me that he was,"never going to a temple again. All it is a long walk with lots of stairs." I asked if he would go when he got married? He said, "fine when I get married but not before." I hope he changes his mind in the future. :)
The first of many fountains for the weekend.
After we grabbed some in and out burger and headed to our hotel. We went swimming of course the boys LOVED it! After swimming Denton and Shawn headed off to their concert. Charmayne, me, and the kids ventured off to IKEA! Unfortunately the babysitting had closed but luckily I had brought an ipad just in case. I love ikea and wish I had more money every time I go!
After ikea we went swimming AGAIN and the boys were definitely worn out and fell asleep right away.
The next morning we got up and went swimming AGAIN (we definitely got our money's worth). Peyton and Shawn came with us this time and the boys loved having someone new to watch all their tricks. Denton would throw Cohen in the air and Peyton and Shawn would judge and give him a score. Cohen thought it was pretty fun!
Russian and French judges???
After swimming we said good bye to Shawn and company and headed to temple square. We went to the church history museum which is always fun.
Mason was Nephi and Cohen was Laman/Lemuel and tied him up.
Love these crazies.
Mason fell in the fountain while Denton and I were taking this picture (ooops). After spending a couple of hours at temple square I decided all the fountains are not very good for little boys and was thankful we only fell in once.
Family picture on top of the conference center. We like to keep it real!










No comments:
Post a Comment