Tannis came in a couple of days early so she could come to the Grand Canyon with me and spent the night at Jay and Mel's. After I picked her up from the airport we made a pit stop at Sodalicious, that would be our first of many stops over the next week.
We got up early and headed off for the Grand Canyon by 5 am. We had a full van with me, Tannis, Madi, Hailey, Seth (my cousin), Cohen, and Mason.
We had a jam packed day. We hit a few view points then hiked the Bright Angel trail to the first rest house. We then jumped back on the bus and went to a few more points. We rushed back to the car to make it out to the Yavapai point for sunset. We barely made it and had a technological malfunction and had to run back to the car for a camera switch. We made it back just to see the last rays disappearing. I'm so glad I got to spend some time with these people and get to know them better. I'm glad Cohen and Mason got to see this amazing natural wonder, it is amazing to see what nature can do and how beautiful a giant hole can be.
The park was way busier than I remembered, Denton and I used to come here semi regularly when we lived in Mesa. Lots of the roads could now only be accessed by bus and you can no longer drive to all the points.
Denton spent the day golfing with Jason. He also took the younger two to a playground with some fun kiddie rides. I don't think they would've enjoyed the craziness of our day and the amount of time spent in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment