Epcot was our next stop. It is kind of like a giant science center meets world fair. It was pretty interesting. We started off the day with a ride in the giant golf ball. It was a trip through technology. Unfortunately Erin and Tyler managed to put theirs in Spanish, but Denton and I really enjoyed it.
They had a giant aquarium complete with manatees. I really wanted to go swimming with them in Tampa Bay but no else did so I got vetoed.
We got to go on a space simulation ride. I quite enjoyed the ride and it really felt like you were launching into space (I think). Erin was pretty comical, she is usually a die hard ride junky but she was screaming the whole time.
We made a stop at club cool where they have different coke drink products from around the world. Most of them were pretty good. However the Beverly was horrible.
The World showcase at Epcot was pretty neat each area felt like a whole new country from the people, to the food, to the buildings. We stopped in France and ate some food. It was SO good, unfortunately we forgot to take any pictures. We watched the movie in Canada it was pretty informative and entertaining.
CANADA
CHINA
ITALY
JAPAN
NORWAY
MEXICO
UNITED KINGDOM
One morning I was getting ready and these birds were outside walking around. I opened the door to get a better look and they walked right over to me. I went in and shut the door and the came right up to the window and stared at me. I think they may have been fed in the past and they kind of creeped me out.
The next day we got up and went on an airboat swamp tour. We only saw a momma gator and some babies but it was really neat to listen to the guide with his authentic accent and we learned lots about the wildlife in Florida.
After the tour we fulfilled all of Tyler's dreams and ate some Mexican food.
We also managed to fit in an Orlando Magic basketball game. They were playing the Milwaukee Bucks and neither team was very good but we did get to see Jabari Parker and a few other rookies. The weird thing about Orlando is that the entire time there is sort of a strobe flashing light going off during the game. It was a little distracting and I don't know how the players handle it but other than that we had a blast.
Thanks to our ihop waitress we went to the Circle B Bar nature preserve. We got to walk on a trail for a bit and then we came to the section marked alligator alley with all sorts of warning signs. On one side of the trail was a lake and on the other was a swampy area. There were alligators EVERYWHERE! It was really neat to see. I wish we would have brought our nicer camera so we could've gotten a better shot of some of the big ones.
One of the best parts was when Denton startled a bird and it flew away and almost dropped this snake on his head. I don't know who was more scared the bird or Denton.
Just as we were almost back to the car we wandered upon an armadillo. They are one of weirdest looking creatures I have ever seen.
After the preserve the boys went golfing at the resort were they saw even more alligators. I thought there was no way they would have them right on the golf course but apparently any place where there is water there is most likely an alligator or twenty.
While they golfed Erin and I soaked up a little sunshine.
The boys joined us and relived their childhood with a little tether ball. After we played some beach volleyball.










No comments:
Post a Comment