In June Denton signed up to take an emergency medical response class (it was a pre-requisite for a sports therapy course). I wasn't planning on going but a couple weeks before when he was buying plane tickets I decided to go. So Denton call his Mom to see if we could leave the two crazies and soon we were going to Denver.
Getting ready for the plane
Ollie's first plane ride. He did great!!
As soon as we landed we picked up our rental car and headed up to Mount Evans. In researching what to do in Denver this kept making the list. People would talk about the altitude affecting them. Denton and I thought they were crazy.... Now I am a believer. Walking up to the top and just driving up there I felt light headed and we both got killer headaches. Also the road up there is one of the scariest drives I have ever done. I really think they need to invest in some guard rails.The crest house. People used to live there until a propane explosion around 1980.
Summit Lake
After Mount Evans we headed back to civilization to catch a Rockies/Brewers game.
We had lots of fun and it was a really high scoring game (13-11???). We ended up leaving a little early because all of us (including Ollie) were done and we still had to get through traffic and back to our hotel. Why do baseball games have to be so long?
The next day Ollie and I took it easy while Denton was in class. We took a nap and did a little shopping!
This is how you get ready with a baby when you're alone in a hotel.
I also got some chick-fil-a since Denton doesn't quite love it like I do. I could not believe how long the line was, and there were 4 more cars behind me. But the baby was sleeping so it was pefect.
After his class Denton and I walked around the downtown and then went Biker Jim's for some gourmet hotdogs. I got Alaskan reindeer and Denton had a rattlesnake/pheasant dog. I though mine was better. :)
On his last day I went to a movie, "The Fault in our Stars". Ollie slept and I cried. Then I picked Denton up and we went to the capital building and stopped by the temple. It was fun to get away with just us and a baby that couldn't speak. :) We also went to the melting pot one night while Ollie slept in his carseat. They had turned an old library in Littleton into a restaurant and it was really cool inside!






No comments:
Post a Comment