Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bear Lake

We were lucky enough to go with some friends to Bear Lake over the Memorial long weekend.  I had never been and it did not disappoint!  We stayed in the Call's family cabin at the end of the lake and it was really close to some nice sandy beach.  We didn't really leave the cabin except to hunt for geodes and play at the water.  We got to eat really yummy food and have fun with friends, does it get any better?!
 Cohen, Noah, and Emmett
Unfortunately Denton got sick shortly after we arrived and stay that way for almost 2 days. 
 Ollie had a blast!
 Mason had his nap cut short which led to the usual waking up melt down.
 Ollie just chillaxin
 Eric's parents came up for the day and his Dad spent a good hour burying the kids in the sand
 A kayak floated up on the beach so we played with it for a few days
 Eric found a treasure map and the kids found some awesome buried treasure.  I think they spent a good hour digging for the buried loose change.
 Cohen and his sand castle
 We played some baseball and kickball.  Oliver had a sweet seat on the sideline.
 Let's go fly a kite
Having a "fire camp" as Mason would say
 Right before we left to come home Mason managed to catch a lizard all by himself.  I thought lizards were supposed to be fast.  He was so proud and insisted we take it home.  He was overly tired and I couldn't deal with the meltdown if I said no; as a result we loaded the lizard in a strawberry crate for the drive home.  Shortly after the drive started I hear Cohen yell. "It's running up my pants!" After that we had a strict no holding the lizard in the car policy.  Luckily for the Lizzy the Lizard the boys built her a habitat in the strawberry crate when we got home allowing her to escape through the crack. Although not before Cohen was traumatized by swinging her by the tail and breaking it off.  I don't think we are ready for a lizard....
 Until next time Bear Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment