Monday, April 14, 2014

OLIVER EVANS SCOW

If you like birth stories then read on! It only took me 8 weeks (fastest 8 weeks of my life) but here it is.... I really didn't want to have issues from going overdue like I did with Mason.  Every appointment I made sure to bring that up and it was decided I would be induced anytime after 39 weeks.  At my 38 week checkup the Dr. Coleman asked how Feb. 17th sounded and I was ecstatic to have an end in sight!  It is however strange to know you have x number of days until you have a baby.  Here I am all hooked up and ready to do this! :)
We got to the hospital bright and early at 6 am.  The nurses had trouble starting my IV and then there was a shift change so by the time we actually got things started it was about 8:00 am.  Around then Dr. Coleman came in and broke my water and asked if I wanted an epidural. I went back and forth and then decided to call for it.  It took them about 45 min to get to me and I was glad I hadn't waited, 10 minutes with strong contractions was enough for me.  For the next while  I just sat there texting my sisters, watching Olympic ice dancing (I'm still sad the Canadians lost) and taking bets on the babies weight (Elise won).  Denton took this opportunity to catch up on some sleep. They came in and checked me every so often and things were progressing more slowly than I thought they would.  My nurse came in at 11:45 am and I had finally made some progress and was now 7 cm, she guessed I would be ready to push in the next two hours.  I was surprised when she back 15 min later and wanted to check me again.  She said his heart rate was dropping  with contractions and she wondered if it was time.  She checked me and sure enough he was right there.  The doctor had gone home (it was a holiday) so they called him to come back and I just sat there for about half an hour waiting to push.  He finally made it a little after 12:30 and the baby came not long after.

OLIVER EVANS SCOW
February 17th, 2014
12:44 pm
7 lbs 1 oz   19 1/2 inches
 


 This was my most relaxing delivery by far.  They put him on my chest right after he was born.  Denton cut the cord as usual and then Oliver just laid on me.  He was so calm it almost made me nervous, but he was pinking  up and doing great.  It was love at first site, I knew he would fit right in.
 


Love him already
 PROUD DAD
 Cohen and Mason were so excited to meet him.  They are great big brothers and smother him with their love.
 

 FIRST FAMILY PICTURE

 Grandpa and Grandma Scow got to meet him
Thanks to Beverly for staying with the boys while we were at the hospital!

 We survived the first day, and are ready for some sleep!
 
Ready to go home


No comments:

Post a Comment