Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Craters and Kenny

After the tick experience I wanted to go somewhere for Memorial Day weekend that had very little brush and trees.  Craters of the Moon fit the criteria perfectly.
 
The boys on top of the inferno cone
Mason wanted me to carry the back pack so I did all the way to the top, good thing it wasn't very far.
There were piles of these gross caterpillars everywhere which the boys loved.
 Top of the snow cone (it is supposed to have snow in the bottom year round).
 Splatter cones
 The highlight was definitely the caves made by lava tubes collapsing.  The Indian tunnel was perfect for us so of course I pushed to try another one.  We chose Boy Scout.  They weren't kidding when they said it can be icy.  The floor of the cave was pure ice with a little water on top.  We made it out alive maybe next time I will listen to Denton.
 

 Denton bought some tickets for Kenny Chesney awhile ago.  At first he thought about selling them but then we just decided to go for it.  I am sure glad we did.  Kenny puts on quite the show, he never quit moving/singing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment